SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022. Child Support Grant. SASSA grants help to improve standards of living in society. The Sassa child support grant application is also aimed to improve the quality of life by providing and assisting parents by providing the income for the basic needs of their child.
Taking care of a child is very expensive. We realise this and want to help you understand how the child support grant works, and who can apply for a South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) grant.
You can apply for a Sassa grant through the portal by following these steps. SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022 Application procedures.
SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022
What’s the child support grant?
The child support grant is aimed at lower-income households to assist parents with the costs of the basic needs of their child. The grant isn’t meant to replace other income but intended to bridge the gap in the cost of living.
Who can apply for the grant?
If you’re the primary caregiver of a child (a parent, grandparent or anyone who’s mainly responsible to look after the child) you’ll need the following to qualify for a grant:
- Be a South African citizen or have permanent residency.
- Not earn more than R52 800 a year (R4 400 a month) if you’re single. If you’re married, your combined income shouldn’t be above R105 600 a year (R8 800 a month).
If you’re not the parent, then you’ll have to provide proof that you’re the child’s primary caregiver. You can use an affidavit from a police official or the biological parent, a report from a social worker or a letter from the principal of the child’s school. SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022.
SASSA Child Grant Online Application Qualifications.
For the child to qualify they must:
- be under 18 years old,
- not be in the care of a state institution,
- live with the primary caregiver, who isn’t paid to look after the child.
You and the child must live in South Africa. You can’t get the grant for more than 6 children who aren’t your legally adopted or biological children.
- being paid to look after the child,
- not the child’s primary caregiver,
- someone is already getting a grant for the child,
- you represent an institution that takes care of the child.
Only people whose financial situation is below a certain level can get the grant. The test to decide whether you qualify is called a means test.
SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022.
How much is the child support grant now 2022?
The amount changes every year, but the child support grant is currently R480 per month per child.
How to apply for Sassa Child Grant?
What’s the application process?
You can apply for the child support grant by filling in an application form at your nearest SASSA Office or counter service point of a Regional Office. Application is free.
Your application form will be completed in the presence of an officer of SASSA. When your application is completed, you’ll be given a receipt. The receipt must be kept as proof of your SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022.
You’ll also need to show certain documents and provide some information, including:
- your South African identity document (ID), which must be bar-coded,
- the child’s birth certificate, which must have an ID number,
- your salary slip, bank statements for 3 months, or pension slips, and any other proof of income,
- if you’re unemployed, your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) card – “blue book” – or a discharge certificate from your previous employer,
- if you’re not the child’s parent or guardian, a written note of permission from the parent or guardian that you should take care of the child,
- if you’re not the child’s parent or guardian, information about how you’ve tried to get the parents to pay maintenance,
- information that shows that you’re the child’s primary caregiver.
When you make the application, you should identify method of payment. The money can be paid out in cash on specific days at a pay point, or the money can be paid electronically into your bank account.
Remember that normal bank charges apply to any money going in and out of your bank account. You can decide to change the payment method at any time by filling in a form, but the change will only happen a month later.
There are various means to collect the grant money from Sassa. If you are unable to collect your money yourself. You also have the right to give power of attorney to someone who can collect the money on your behalf. You can get paid for their child grant through
- Cash payment (You can collect the cash at any particular payment point)
- Bank deposit( you can get by an electronic deposit in your bank or post bank account)
- Grant Administration institute
If the grant is refused, you can appeal. SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022
If it’s approved, you’ll start getting payments within 3 months. The payments will be backdated to the day you applied for the grant.
Payments will stop if:
- the child dies,
- the end of the month in which the child turns 18,
- if the caregiver doesn’t claim for 3 consecutive months.
- If the child is absent from the country, or
- The child is admitted to a state institution.
Your grant will be reviewed from time to time to check this. You must also inform the department of any changes in your or your child’s circumstances.
How long does it take for SASSA child grant to be approved online?
SASSA has up to 90 days to process your application. You might hear right away whether your application was successful, or you might need to wait. You will receive a letter sent to the address you completed on the form, informing you of the outcome of your SASSA Child Grant Online Application 2022.
Phone the toll-free helpline at 0800 601 011 for information on:
- pay-out dates,
- qualifying rules for all government grants,
- district office addresses and contact numbers,
- for help with what’s happened to your application,
- how you can also report any fraud or corruption.