Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) is Tanzania’s sole Standards body, formerly established by the Standards Act No. 3 of 1975, which was repealed and replaced by the Standards Act No. 2 of 2009. It is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Industry and Trade. TBS introduced internship programs for graduates from diverse academic backgrounds to have exposure in development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the Bureau.
TBS is currently looking for Tanzanians who are dynamic, committed, suitably qualified, dedicated and eager to learn and develop new experiences through assigned tasks. Therefore, the applications are invited to fill the following fields-:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (1 post for Maintenance of Laboratory equipment duties).
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering (1 post for Maintenance of Laboratory equipment duties).
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (1 post for Maintenance of Laboratory equipment duties).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, ICT or Computer Engineering (1 post ICT duties).
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (3 posts for Import and Export Control duties)
- Bachelor of Electronics Engineering (3 posts for Import and Export Control duties)
- Bachelor of Chemical Processing Engineering (4 posts for Import and Export Control duties).
- Trade Test all levels, Certificate or Diploma in Plumbing and Pipe fitting (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test all levels, Certificate or Diploma in Refrigeration and Air conditioning (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test all levels, Certificate or Diploma in Carpentry (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test all levels, Certificate or Diploma in Masonry (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Bachelor of Marketing or Public Relations (2 posts for Public Relations and Marketing duties).
- Diploma in Laboratory Science and Technology, Oil and Gas or Petroleum (4 posts for Fuel Marking duties).
- Trade Test all levels or Certificate in Laboratory Assistants, Laboratory Science and Technology, Oil and Gas or Petroleum (6 posts for Fuel Marking duties).
- Bachelor of Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy, Finance (6 posts for Accounts and Finance duties).
- Certificate or Diploma in Records Management (6 posts for Records Management duties).
- Applicants must be Tanzanians;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees; one referee must be from the Academic Institution where he/she graduated;
- The maximum period for individual program is one year, no intern shall be reappointed as Bureau’s intern after completion of one year period;
- All interns conducted or currently conducting internship program at TBS are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree and respective Transcripts;
- Diploma/ Certificate;
- Form IV and or VI National Examination Certificates; and
- Birth certificate or National Identity Card;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted;
- Form IV and form VI Results slips; and
- Testimonials and Partial transcripts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant authorities (TCU, NACTE or NECTA);
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information is prohibited otherwise it will result into disqualification and legal action;
- Applicants must attach a letter of endorsement from a Local Government Chairperson or Executive Officer confirming your place of residence;
- Applicants must attach a brief paper stating the reasons for the need of internship and the expectations after a year;
- Only qualified candidates will be informed on the interview date;
- Successful and accepted interns shall not be paid salaries or any remuneration attached to salaries instead they will be assisted with some amount of money to cover for transport and lunch expenses;
- Internship practice is not a guarantee for employment at TBS. In case there is employment opportunities at TBS or elsewhere, interns shall follow the laid down employment procedures as will be stipulated;
- Please write the title of the post you are applying on the envelope;
- Application letters must be signed and hand written in English;
- Any application that will not follow the above conditions will be termed as disqualified.
Deadline for application is 5th May, 2022 on closing business at 16:00 PM.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their applications to the following address;-
TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS,
P.O. BOX 9524,
DAR ES SALAAM.