Position: Field Supervisor (1 post)
Reports To: Principal Investigator/Project Leader Work Station: Tanga
Apply By: May 3rd 2022
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to take a vacant position of Field Supervisor in the LSM-TEMT Project. The study focuses on the Evaluation of the Process and Impact of Larva Source Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess coverage of the larviciding teams on identification of mosquito breeding habitats.
- Assess the capacity on of larviciding teams on correct characterization of breeding habitats.
- Assess the larviciding teams’ adherence to the larviciding project implementation protocol.
- Assess capacity of larviciding teams on covering identified breeding habitats with required rounds of larvicide application.
- Assess capacity of the project internal M&E teams on visitation to breeding habitats for verification of presence and characterization done by the larviciding teams.
- Assess capacity of M&E teams on generating summaries and reports emanating from larviciding implementation data for guiding operations.
- Assess if the mechanism of impact of larviciding intervention is attained as expected.
- Identify factors which possibly moderate the response of mosquito larvae to the effects of the biolarvicides.
- Participate in conducting FGDs and IDIs to explore facilitators and barriers to the implementation of the project.
- Supervise adult mosquito surveillance activities.
- Ensure systematic and proper handling and management of data.
- Participate in data analysis and report writing.
- Assist with any other duties as directed by project investigator.
Qualification and Experience
Holders of a diploma in environmental sciences, Biology or related field, may apply.
Skills and Competencies
- Familiarity with different assays performed in the laboratory for example ELISA, PCR, Electrophoresis, Microbiological analysis, and Parasites identification.
- Familiarity with researches conducted at IHI based on malaria vector control will be an added advantage:
- Mosquito identification, collection and rearing.
- Different insecticide testing including cone bioassay, tunnel testing and bottle bioassay.
- Report writing.
- Computer skills (Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,). Skills on STATA, R Studio etc. will be an added advantage.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Tuesday, May 3rd 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: FIELD SUPERVISOR – LSM-TMT TANGA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania