RECOMMENDED: Six (6) Mistakes to avoid when writing your CV
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development organisation, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We work in more than 20 countries around the world, supporting the independent media essential to democracy and development. Last year, our projects and programmes reach 130 million people facing poverty, inequality, and insecurity with information they can trust, helping to improve health, bridge divides, challenge prejudice, and save and change lives. We follow the editorial standards and values of the BBC, but we rely on funding from donors and partners to carry out our work.
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Special requirements: The right to live and work in Tanzania. Fluency in English and Swahili.
Closing date: 30 April 2022
Responsible for supporting all aspects of office administration and logistics functions of the BBC Media Action office in Tanzania.
1. Administrative: Assist in ensuring the smooth running of the administration of the BBC Media Action office, including:
- Assist in processing vendor payments timely.
- Organise travel logistics for staff and visitors.
- Maintain trustworthy relationships with service providers, visitors, and staff.
- Assist in getting quotations on various procurements.
- Identification of non-functioning equipment and preparing reports on repair needs.
- Receive, disseminate, and file all office correspondence.
- Provide support in management and allocation of office vehicles for staff and visitors.
2. Asset management: Ensure accurate record keeping for assets, equipment, and inventory for the office, including:
- Management of inventory system and submitting records to the line manager.
- Issuing equipment, stationery and consumables with proper record keeping.
- Assist with storing and tracking of office equipment given to staff and visitors.
- Updating and maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, receiving goods / service and verifying receipts of supplies.
3. Human resources: Perform HR duties including:
- Process IDs and business cards for new and existing staff.
- Prepare contracts for freelancers/consultants and interns.
- Update the phone tree on a monthly basis and circulate to employees.
- Prepare and submit documents to the government offices and follow up for obtaining and/or renewal of all work and resident permits for expatriates. Also preparing invitation letters for business visa applications.
- Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy.
- Understand and comply with the Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of Conduct.
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at Work.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- A university degree in administration, procurement management or any other social science related degree.
- Proven experience in managing logistics, assets and administrative functions for at least 3 years.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff within BBC Media Action and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the BBC in the UK.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- An eye for detail and a concern for accuracy, together with the ability to keep sight of the broader picture.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates should submit their CV with cover letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role by email to: email@example.com
Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send by 5pm on 30 April 2022.
Only applicants with separate cover letter will be considered. Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.