ICAP Tanzania is a hub of commerce and migration, and the country as a whole has made great strides in reducing HIV, as evidenced by the recent THIS HIV population-based survey implemented by ICAP. However, key and hard-to-reach populations are still at increased risk. ICAP partners with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children to improve HIV prevention, care, and treatment for these populations, and to explore innovative ways of offering services and linking individuals to care.
NEW VACANCIES AT ICAP TANZANIA, MAY 2022
Position Title: Team Member – Data Quality Assurance (DQA) (multiple positions)
Type of Contract: Specific Task Duration: Short-term
Reports to: Team Leader – Data Quality Assurance (DQA)
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 75% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Team Member – DQA will support a data quality assurance exercise at the health facilities. Tasks will involve obtaining all the testing, enrolment, and care & treatment records of all clients at the health facility, including reviewing all paper and electronic documents of clients to establish the status of the clients. In addition, under the supervision of the RHMT and CHMT members and ICAP team, s/he will work with Health Care Workers (HCWs), Facility Data Officers, and Expert Clients (EC) to verify patient data.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct facility-based meeting to review the submitted data and orient staff on the indicators for DQA as well as the tools under the support of R/CHMTs
- Implement the provided guidance on data triangulation and standard operating procedures for data quality assessment exercise.
- Review patient information and data collection and monitoring tools (source documents)
- Review all the facility client files for completeness and correctness
- Check the client files against information that is in the database to ensure that it is up to date
- Record all clients with information not updated in the database and provide files to data clerks to update
- Identify all clients attending the facility yet in the records appear as missing appointments and support HCWs to update accordingly
- Document all challenges associated with information recording, data entry and storage
- Provide daily feedback to facility authority
- Share daily and weekly report with Team Leaders
- Identify indicators that need immediate remediation depending on the magnitude of the problem Assist to prepare a report showing findings and recommendations that address the observed gaps.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Read Also: Click here for More Jobs and Internships
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: A diploma or degree in health-related courses
- Required Experience: Experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) programming, must have demonstrated experience supporting activities at care and treatment clinics
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum)
- Flexible to work after regular working hours and weekends
- Ability to interact well with others
- Demonstrated knowledge on HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment, and adherence and psychosocial support programs is an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in Kiswahili and English
To apply click the link below;
Application close: May 31 2022 E. Africa Standard Time