NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services
The bank is hiring for 6 new positions at different locations. Read full details of these vacancies
JOB TITLE: Bank Officers (5 POSTS)
Location: Samora Branch NBC, Dodoma Branch – NBC, Mbeya Branch NBC, Zanzibar Branch NBC Singida Branch NBC
The role incumbent will be responsible to serve client as Customer Service, Bank Teller, Branch Operations, Cross selling of Bank products, Agency banking, Loan processing and account opening
- Carefully count cash received and dispensed to ensure error free
- Carefully scrutinize cheques before paying out cash to the bearer
- Correctly capture all transactions into the system and ensure that they are authorised
- Adhere to prescribed cash limits and Ensure manual fees are collected
- Reconcile cash at the beginning and end of days transaction
- Properly book entries into relevant accounts
- Ensure printing of end of days report to facilitate smooth checking
- Adhere to cash management policy
- Proper posting of M-wallet transactions to a respective GL
- Accountability on handling teller cubicle keys an stamps
- Ensure there is no cash left unattended and should be under secured lockers
- Atteding to Co- Custodianship duties as per asigned by manager
- Proper posting of GEPG and all other government transactions to relevant accounts.
- Buying and selling of MNO floats and ensure daily Reconciliation of MNO transactions as assigned by Manager
- Ensure punctuality is always observed and you are ready to serve customer in your cubicle from 08:30am
- Ensure Cheque representment are attended on time
- Ensure transaction reversals are recorded and approved before processed
- Ensure proper screening is done before processing of FX transactions for walk in customers
- Attending Customer inquiries
- Closing of accounts on time where necessary
- Account maintanance as requested by customer/s
- Requesting, issuing and delivering of cheque books to customers
- Issuing of New/retracted ATM cards to customers and ensure daily reconciliations are performed
- Handling of cheque book library as assigned by manager
- Issuing of balances and statements to the right customers
- Opening/Closing or Renewal of Fixed deposits
- Processing of stop payments on time
- Dormant accounts activations and scan the documents to Sybrin for archiving.
- Enquire on customer account related information
- Proper Handling of Returned/unpaid cheques
- Scrutiny and tying up of daily vouchers
- Processing of power of attorney
- Compiling of reports as per procedure
- Filing of all relevant documentation in client’s file
- Registering/maintanance of customers into digital platiforms
- Processing of customer probate
- Handling of customer complaints and log them into system as per laid down procedure
- Process payments (TT/TISS/EFT and salaries) on time and ensure there is no duplicate payments
- Daily ATM reconciliations and Monthly reconciliations,reconcilliation of suspence accounts
- Cross selling and Sales operations
- Opening of accounts for customers within agreed TAT
- Loan processing and adherence of agreed SLA
- Ensure all compliance of all account opened and loan processed
- Supporting onground sales activation as assigned by manager
- Supporting of agency banking as assigned by manager
- Ensure all payments for buy back loans are done on time
- Attending queries from lending customers
Accountability : Accuracy and efficiency in handling Customer issues
- Ensure that documentation taken in from customers is complete and accurate (any relevant enquiries are attached) and forwarded to Branch executive for validation and finalisation of transactions
- Ensure Customer satisfaction in every service provided
- Ensure that the daily workload is prepared, checked and processed before the end of every day
- Ensure that all customer requests are actioned immediately and followed up regularly, in order to honour commitments made to customers
- Ensure that manual charges are collected for services rendered as per NBC policy
- Ensure that the cheque book library is locked at all times.
- Ensure that all keys entrusted to you are signed for and that they are removed from the premises over night. In the event of handing over keys ensure that the recipient signs for the keys
- Ensure that your Query file is handed to the Line manager on a daily basis
- Ensure that a clear desk policy is maintained at all times
- Ensure that the handling of security items i.e. Calling file, Returned cheques, incoming mail, and destruction of cheque books are performed under effective dual control
- Ensure that your mandate parameters are adhered to at all times
- Ensure that your manner of communication, personal appearance and presentation is of a professional manner
Accountability ; Providing administrative branch operations
- Capture outward clearance/remittance and fund transfer vouchers.
- Scrutinise and keep records of inward clearance/remittance vouchers
- Process bankers payment cheques
- Process third party salaries.
- Ensure all customer requests are executed immediately and followed up regularly so as to honour commitments made to customers.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and pass leads to Sales team .
- Maintain a tidy workstation by practice of a clear desk policy.
- Ensure daily workload is prepared and processed timely (adhere to cut off times).
- Refer to customer cheque lists as required.
- Ensure Returned /Unpaid cheques are processed and handed over to Customer Service Department.
- Ensure recovery of all fees as per prevailing tariff guides and circular
- Print and file branch daily reports.
Accountability ; Adhering to Policies and Procedures
- Build awareness, keep up-to date and comply with KYC and AML regulations
- Maintain and keep updated applicable register
- Attend clients adhock requests and guide the customer on how to go about
- Assist with Audit queries/requests
- Ensure to conform to authority mandates at all times
- Keep updated of all circulars, manuals and policies
- Understand/ operate NBC systems and equipment.
Accountability : Manage Career Development
- Proactively identify personal development areas and training needs
- Meet training objectives as set out in personal training and development plan
- Complete all mandatory training assigned
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Customer Excellence – Service Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)