As Tanzania moves steadily towards middle-income status, opportunities exist to ensure that the fruits of development are equitably distributed, and that the most vulnerable members of society – including children and women – are not left behind. With this in mind, UNICEF embarked on a new country programme, in partnership with the Government of Tanzania, in July 2016. This five-year programme, from 2016–2021, focuses on practical ways to realize the rights of children. UNICEF’s work spans seven areas – health, HIV and AIDS, nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), education, child protection and social policy.
POST TITLE: Operations Associate, GS-6
Job no: 549497
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Dodoma
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS.
• Supports organization of operations section meetings, including recording of minutes and/or notes at such meetings and any other Field Office network meetings related to operations, security and ICT.
• Provides operational assistance in relation to FO support by (a) collecting and maintaining records of approved and expenditure data on FO’s support budgets; (b) following up on FO’s operational performance indicators reports; (c) monitoring information and a trigger system for outstanding audit recommendation follow-up to ensure timely review and response to audit observations arising from FO and COs audits; and (d) maintaining a follow up action system to monitor country level Cash Assistance to the Government in COs to minimize aging DCTs/HACT;
• Support in HACT assurance activities.
• Obtains required information through searching internal databases, Intranet and/or Internet, and/or collecting from appropriate sections/ programme staff in FO and CO and prepares abstracts/background material which may be required periodically for operational, management, security and ICT meetings, events and activities.
• Maintain and update operational, policy, management and confidential files and records, including MOSS and updates for county office security plans.
• Appropriate and consistent interpretation and effective implementation of administrative & operational policy and instructions to support field office and Operations.
• Technical assistance and support in promoting and coordinating cost effective and best practices in travel management, conference management, equipments & property management.
• Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general operational and administrative issue and specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility and ensures follow-up action.
▪ Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Finance, Business Administration, and Economics, Administration or other related fields.
▪ Knowledge of finance is a distinct advantage.
▪ Fluency in English and Kiswahili, knowledge of another UN work language is an advantage.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY AT UNICEF TANZANIA, MARCH 2022
The Organization is looking for individuals to fill a new vacant position in Tanzania. Read full details through the PDF FILE attached below: