JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer
Position ID: 2459011032
CSI Energy Group mission is to deliver social improvement through improved infrastructure. Our employees, through their combined individual commitments, across Africa, are the energy that drives us forward. Come be part of our team, bring your ideas, ingenuity and determination to make a difference.
We are looking for a dynamic and committed Procurement Officer to support our team in Tanzania. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation. S/he will provide timely staff services and efficient office operations.
• Previous experience in similar role
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred – Procurement and Logistics;
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience;
• Strong knowledge of procurement rules and regulations;
• Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Process PRF, RFQ, Comparative, PO and GRN
• Ensure proper documentation of PI, PO, GRN, Invoice and EFD receipt
• Conduct Supplier verification and registration
• Post PO follow-up and expediting until receipt at stores
• Maintain good customer & supplier relationship
Areas of responsibility
• Tracking of Purchase orders to ensure vendors meet agreed delivery commitments, review, and close open purchase orders in SAP. Provide order status to internal customers and update order tracker with delivery dates.
• Establish & maintain significant contacts with local/International markets & suppliers, seeking alternative sources of supply.
• Send RFQs & seek bids for materials from suppliers, carry out techno-commercial assessment negotiating prices, and pass to other approvals.
• Prepare necessary purchase orders and related documents so that materials can be acquired in accordance with requirements.
• Maintain purchase order process so that correct procedure is followed, and appropriate payments can be made at the correct time and against agreed milestone/documents.
• Expedite purchase order progress ensuring that all requirements are met so that materials and vendor documents are delivered to site on to before contractual delivery dates.
• Prioritizing and organizing tasks effectively, ensure critical material and services are delivered as per agreed commitment.
• Work collaboratively with internal customers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials, proactive in resolving issues and offering alternative solution.
• Reporting to Procurement & Contracts Manager on missed deliveries and bottlenecks.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Please submit application no later than 12 April 2022. (Open to Tanzanian citizens only)