Research Officer /Intern Job Vacancy at Ifakara Health Institute
Ifakara Health Institute
The Ifakara Health Institute is a health research organization with offices in Ifakara, Dar es Salaam, Ikwiriri, Bagamoyo, and Mtwara, Tanzania.
Research Officer/Intern – Bagamoyo
The Research Officer/Intern will work to ensure that the delegated phases of the study are conducted in accordance with the applicable principles of GLP.
Position: Research Officer/Intern (1 Post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: July 22nd 2022
Ifakara Health Institute is looking for a qualified individual to work as a Research Officer/Intern. The individual will work with the Vector Control Product Testing Unit (VCPTU) and will ensure that the delegated phases of the study are conducted in accordance with the applicable principles of GLP. The Research Officer/Intern will be reporting to the PI/TFM.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing study plan and any amendments to the plan.
- Ensure that study plans, amendments and SOPs are available to all involved study personnel.
- Ensure that the procedures specified in the study plan are followed, inform the study director and take appropriate corrective action if deviations from SOPs or study plans occur during the conduct of the study.
- Assist in writing the final report and ensure the validity of the data is in compliance with principles of GLP.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports as required by the Head of VCPTU, SD or Test Facility Manager.
- Ensure the QA personnel have a copy of the study plan and any amendments in a timely manner and communicate effectively with
- QA personnel as required during the conduct of the study.
- Ensure that study plans, amendments and SOPs are available to all the involved study personnel.
- Ensure that the procedures specified in the study plan are followed and assess and document the impact of any deviations from the study plan on the quality and integrity of the study and take appropriate corrective action if necessary; acknowledge deviations from SOPs during the conduct of the study.
- Ensure that all raw data generated are fully documented and recorded.
- Ensure the quantitative data generated are making sense and spot trends and make predictions.
- Ensure the data generated are gathered in numerical and then display it.
- Design and implement data gathering and management of the findings.
- Ensure that computerized systems used in the study have been validated.
- Ensure that after completion (including termination) of the study, the study plan, the final report, raw data and supporting material are archived.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
- Experience in research will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Research Management.
- Data analysis software “R and Stata”.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good team player.
- Hard working person.Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment.
All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below;
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P. O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday, July 22nd 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER/INTERN – INSECTARY. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.