FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking for four (4) Finance Interns in Dar es salaam for its USAID EpiC project.
Main Function: The Finance Intern will support the Finance department in all aspects related to finance and accounting activities within the organization. S/he will provide support in areas of financial management, accounting and record keeping within finance and ensure that all functions under the implementing partners are conducted in an efficient manner and in compliance with USAID and FHI360 policies, procedures and regulations. The position requires close collaboration with the Senior Finance officer to ensure application of FHI 360 and USAID regulations, policies and practices.
4 Finance Intern Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Review of partner’s claims for arithmetic accuracy in line with supporting documents and reporting requirement standards
- Prepare payments to ensure documentation and process are in line with FHI360 cost principle requirements
- Record accounting transactions to ensure costs are charged to correct FCO in the accounting system (GFAS)
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation (Tzs account and USD account), Petty Cash reconciliation and follow up for any outstanding or differences.
- Ensure proper filling of all financial documents, scanning and uploading the scanned financial documents (AP, JV and others) to the SharePoint.
- Prepare reconciliations with respect to balance sheet items, vendors, inventory etc.
- Participate in Preparation of monthly financial reports (month end closure activities) and ensure submissions are in accordance with FHI 360 directives.
- Assist FHI360 staffs and partners to correctly interpret and apply FHI360, USAID, and Project policies, systems, and regulations related to finance and budget management.
- Collaborate with the finance team in audits preparation and assist in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration.
- Good attention to detail, report writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with senior staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with or knowledge of donor-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures; experience with USAID will be an added advantage.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date is 15 July 2022
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.