Nedbank Credit Card Online Application – Apply here. Apply for a Nedbank Credit Card today and have peace of mind when exploring the world.
Get a credit card that works for you. Spend on your credit card and get up to 55 days interest-free with no hidden costs. See all cards. Help me choose.
Nedbank Credit Card Online Application – Apply here
What is a credit card?
A credit card facility is the amount of money the bank agreed to make available to you on your credit card account.
Nedbank credit cards are some of the most popular credit cards in South Africa.
Nedbank Credit Card Options
You can apply for either the Nedbank Gold credit card or the Nedbank Platinum credit card.
1. Nedbank Gold Credit Card
This is an affordable credit solution with a monthly service fee of R40.
To qualify for this credit card, you need a minimum income of R5 000 per month.
There are plenty of reasons why you should choose the Nedbank Gold Credit Card. These include the rewards you get in the form of Greenbacks. Also, it’s an affordable credit solution and you get complimentary card delivery.
Nedbank Platinum Credit Card
This is a credit card with added benefits with a monthly service fee of R83.
To qualify for this credit card, you need a minimum income of R29 000 per month.
Reasons you have for choosing the Nedbank Platinum Credit Card include greater credit options, additional card rewards and premium travel benefits.
The key features of these cards are as follows:
- Flexible repayment options.
- Personalised interest rate with up to 55 days interest-free credit.
- Pay off your purchases over time with the budget facility.
- Minimum repayment of 5% on outstanding balance.
- Link your card to Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay.
- Earn Greenbacks on all eligible spend.
- Travel benefits with optional top-up travel insurance available.
- Optional credit life cover in case you die, become disabled, contract a critical illness or get retrenched.
Why choose the new Nedbank Gold Credit Card?
- Get an affordable credit solution
- Earn Greenbacks on all eligible spend
- Complimentary card delivery
Nedbank Credit Card fees and rates
Some services are free. Some come at a very good price. But you’re always rewarded with Greenbacks whenever you use your credit card.
2022 card fees
For more 2022 rates and fee, Click here
Required Documents for Nedbank Credit card Application.
Please note the following documentation is required for us to process your application. Documents can be attached at the end of the application.
- South African bar-coded identity card or document, or passport and work permit.
- Proof of income (latest three months’ bank statements reflecting income or latest three months’ payslips).
- For self-employed clients the above documents as well as a letter from accountant/financial manager confirming income.
Qualifications for Nedbank Credit Cards Application.
- You need to be over 18 years old with a valid SA ID or passport with valid work permit
- A minimum income for R5 000 (Nedbank Gold Credit Card) and R29 000 for Nedbank Platinum Card
- You must have a healthy credit score
- 3 months latest payslips or 3 months stamped bank statements
- Proof of residence not older than 3 months
How to Apply for Nedbank Credit Cards
Application for Nedbank Credit Cards can be done using any of the following ways;
Alternatively, you can call Nedbank on 0860 555 111 and do your application telephonically.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Your personal information will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed, except in the following circumstances:
- when we are legally compelled to do so;
- when it is in the public interest to do so; and
- when our interests require us to do so; or
- when doing so is at your request or with your written consent.
- We may disclose information to credit reference agencies relating to your personal debts owed to us:
- if you have fallen behind with the repayment of your debt and have not made alternative satisfactory arrangements with us (if the amount owed or in arrears is in dispute, this fact will also be disclosed but not the amount itself); or
- if you have given your written consent.
Nedbank Credit Card FAQ’s
How long does it take to get a credit card once you’ve been approved?
It can take about 2 working days for the card to be delivered in the method you have chosen (for example personal delivery or collection at a Nedbank branch).
How do you increase or decrease your credit limit?
You can apply for a credit limit increase on the Money app, or by calling 0860 555 111.
Credit limit changes can be requested at any time, but if you need an increase, Nedbank will do an affordability check first.
Can you cancel your credit card?
Yes. To cancel your credit card, call Nedbank on 0860 555 111.
Once you’ve closed your credit card, you will not be able to reactivate it. You’ll need to apply for a new credit card.
What is the difference between a debit and a credit card?
A credit card allows you to borrow money from the bank that you can pay off over time at your personal interest rate. A debit card is a card that deducts money straight from your bank account.
What determines your credit card interest rate?
Interest rates are determined on an individual basis. Factors such as income, credit history and government regulations are considered to determine the best interest rate for you.
What do you do if you’ve lost your card or it is stolen?
Block your card on the Money app and call 0800 110 929 or 011 710 4330 to let Nedbank know ASAP.
If you are looking for a credit card, we recommend you try the Nedbank Credit Cards provided you meet the qualifying criteria.
Nedbank is a licensed financial services and registered credit provider that can be trusted.
In addition, the operations of banks in South Africa are regulated. This means you will be treated honestly and fairly.
Nedbank credit card contact
If you wish to find out more on these credit card, you can contact Nedbank directly using the details below.
Telephone: 0800 110 929
Nedbank 135 Rivonia Campus
135 Rivonia Road Sandown, Sandton, 2196
PO Box 1144, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa