Mo Scholarships 2022/2023 Academic Year,Mo Scholars Tanzania The idea for the Mo Dewji Foundation was conceived in 2000, when the CEO of MeTL Group, Mohammed Dewji, driven by passion and ambitions for the society, made great efforts to develop and expand the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility and its role in creating positive change.
We believe high quality and accessible education is not only critical to the development of Tanzania, but is also a human right. In Tanzania, only 30% of children enroll in secondary school, and of that group, only 4% enroll in tertiary education.
Committed to empowering Tanzania’s youth, the Mo Scholars program provides scholarships to outstanding high school Form 6 graduates, who want to attend college or university but are unable to afford the cost.
Our scholarships, awarded annually to a select cohort of high school graduates, cover tuition and additional fees (housing, meals etc.) for four years of undergraduate college. We currently support over 100 students.
With the aim of shaping Tanzania’s next generation of leaders, our program, builds a supportive community of passionate students and provides them with the capacity to unlock their greatest potential.
Mo Scholarships 2022/2023 Academic Year – Apply here
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
- Admission Letter
- Statement why you choose your field study
- Statement why you need our Loan
- Copies of academic qualification
- other Relevant Documents
Submit Your Application to EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
- High Academic Achievement: We suggest recipients to have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.5 and Division I or II on A-Levels. This will be judged based on academic transcripts.
- Financial Need: Recipient must demonstrate financial need and submit documentation in the form of a written statement explaining need plus any available reinforcing narrative in the form of references or further documents.
- Leadership Potential: Recipient must possess leadership potential as demonstrated in extra-curricular activities, projects, and/or duties upheld prior to commencing their undergraduate studies. Applicants are required to provide evidence of this in the form of a written recommendation letter, awards received etc.
Terms and Conditions
By applying to the Mo Scholars Program and accepting the scholarship award, the recipient agrees to the following terms and condition set forth below. Failure to abide by any of the following terms and conditions shall result in termination of the scholarship award.
- Recipients are required to maintain full-time student status as defined by participating universities.
- Recipients are required to maintain a 3.5 GPA at all times throughout their academic degree.
- Scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books and stationary allowance.
oHousing and meals allowance
- Recipient agrees to complete his/her degree program in the time set forth by participating universities.
- Recipient who falls out of attendance for more than thirty (30) days from the last date of academic activity will forfeit his/her scholarship.
- Recipient agrees to abide by the University rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Student Code of Conduct.