Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: LIAISON OFFICER
Direct Reports: FINANCE AND HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Give support to external administrative work and to the coordination team in obtaining working permits, camp permits, business visa, as well as all official contacts, procedures and importation of goods, according to local and international laws and MSF procedures, in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
- Together with the HR Coordinator, ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in Tanzania according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures.
- Maintain the support travel service in HQ informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, working permits, etc..
- Know all the procedures that MSF needs to follow in order to import goods from any country and assist the mission in following these procedures, in cooperation with the Logistics Coordinator and the logistic department of the mission.
- Follow up clearances of MSF cargos and informs about any possible planned or extraordinary needs.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the mission.
- Arrange meetings related to administrative issues for the Head of Mission or the HR Coordinator as well as attend them.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in Tanzania with names, telephones and other relevant details.
- Ensure, together with the coordination members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Ensure that no illegal money is paid to any authorities or any individual, promoting and sharing MSF principles and values at all levels.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential – Diploma / degree in Human Resources, or business administration or communication
- Essential: working experience of at least one year in relevant jobs in MSF or other NGOs.
- Knowledge of Tanzania Labour Law in depth and capable to implement it, with practical experience.
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili (speak, read and write)
Competences and main skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, power point and digital media)
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management
- Strategical thinking, results and quality orientation, planning and organization, initiative and innovation
- Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter
- Taste to work and evolve with international and diverse team members
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday April 22nd 2022 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “LIAISON OFFICER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted