LATEST UPDATES ABOUT JOB VACANCIES JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL, CLICK HERE TO JOIN💥
💥JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, CLICK HERE TO JOIN💥
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Plan International
Reports to: Deputy ERM
Closing Date: 13th April, 2022
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan has over 80 years’ experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
- Plan International has been working in Tanzania since 1991. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to grow up physically and mentally healthy and ready to shape their future. We create an enabling environment and empower girls to be active drivers of change in realising their rights. We prioritise working with partners, and ensuring all of our work is evidence based
- This role will provide technical guidance and support towards key country HR processes in accordance with Plan’s HR principles, policies, best practices and standards in an emergency set up.
Dimensions of the Role
- The position holder does not approve budgets and payments but may be required to make plans that involve use of finances allocated to the Emergency Operation Funding in consultation with Deputy ERM. The position has no direct reports. The position holder will have matrix management with strong line to the Deputy ERM and dotted to HR Specialist at Country Office in executing day to day activities.
- Effective coordination of HR processes ensuring timely staff recruitments, induction, staff transfers and separations, performance management, leave management etc in line with organisational policies, standards and contemporary HR practices in emergency.
- Responsible for timely preparation of quality HR correspondences and packages relating to staff recruitment, contract terminations, secondments, transfers, employee requests, background checks and separations in line with Plan policies and standards in emergency.
- Work with the DERM and technical teams to recruit right candidates for the right positions at the right time using non discriminatory recruitment processes taking cognizance of Plan’s commitment to Safeguarding policy, diversity and inclusion.
- Conduct periodic reviews of Emergency Response program employee database and personnel file records for completeness.
- In consultation with the Line Manager identify staff learning gaps, update the training plan, recommendation of appropriate staff capacity enhancement programs and assist in delivering learning where possible.
- Perform the personnel actions in the HRIS to ensure staff data are correct and updated timely
- Follow up with staff to establish effective leave planning, monitoring and management purposes in line with the deployment policy, HR Policy Manual provisions.
- Work with DERM to develop emergency staffing costs for budgeting purposes and input into the proposal development budget.
- Advises managers on sound employee relations and their HR issues including appraisal, disciplinary measures, Clarify HR Manual policies, labour law and related staff queries
- Prepare quality monthly and quarterly end reports within stipulated time frames for review by CHRM and ERM
- Works with DERM & HRM to develop and maintain succession plans for the key roles in the emergency program
- Preparation of the monthly payroll changes and communicate with CHRM for payroll processing.
- Provide support in identifying and addressing HR risks in consultation with DERM.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to child protection, code of conduct and mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- The position holder will work closely with the HR Specialist at Country Office, Country HR Manager, Deputy ERM, Kibondo SMT. Will network and work with Medical Insurer, WCF, NSSF and or as appropriate
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- A degree in Human Resource Management, Administration or Social Sciences
- Good understanding and application of country labour laws
- Good thematic knowledge in the field of human resources
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS office tools
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY