JOB TITLE: Sourcing Officer
Location: Head Office NBC
Job requisition id: R-15928692
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To work with the Sourcing Manager on a wide basis on procurement initiatives. To lead the development and execution of commercial solutions targeted at realising significant value for NBC whilst creating alignment with the service, category and supplier strategies. To assist the Sourcing Manager to build Supplier Management (SM) capability and competencies in NBC and ensure that medium and high- risk suppliers that are managed directly by business, are well managed and activities performed in line with all relevant Group and NBC policies and governance.
• Work cross-functionally with both internal and external stakeholders to establish and maintain working relations with Absa Group and business to ensure the correct communication of the required procurement governance, category strategy and savings targets are delivered.
• Execution of procurement strategies (agreed country procurement plans) for all assigned initiatives. This would include reviewing of different commercial models/options, ensuring fit with service, relevant supplier strategies.
• Participate in the development of the procurement strategy and country category approach and its subsequent effective execution ensuring leading edge practice and that maximum value is derived by using market analysis and benchmarking scenarios as per Procurement Policy.
• Champion knowledge sharing across country procurement team and business unit.
• Delivery of all commercial and contractual elements of major sourcing initiatives up to contract award by using the standard procurement methodology Sourcing and Supply Management Policy (SSMP) ensuring financial, risk, strategic and commercial considerations are optimised.
• Ensure appropriate engagement of the Legal manager, i.e. manage legal input to meet business and procurement needs by engaging with the legal team on all
• Effective management of supply side dependencies and interactions up to executive level throughout the procurement life cycle internally with clients and colleagues, externally with suppliers by ensuring monthly meeting with suppliers are arranged.
• Getting to understand the business to enable smooth interactions to facilitate smooth execution of duties. Maintain effective relationships with team members, business unit, suppliers and contractors to ensure that the supplier risk management role is regarded as the preferred supplier risk assurance.
• Make all communications with suppliers in matters of price, quality, delivery at both quotation stage and ordering stage
• Identifying alternative source of supply through regular commodity reviews
• Negotiating with suppliers on matters patterning quality and price
• Communicating with major departmental users to stay current with planned needs
• Help departments to develop specifications for the required product service
• Initial drafting of supplies contracts
• Deliver targeted benefits to cover cost reduction, cost avoidance, quality, service, innovation and revenue generation financial deliverables as agreed in order to contribute to growth of absolute profit.
• Conduct supply market and supplier research that will form part of input to contract reviews / initiation
• Develop and communicate commercial plans effectively working together with cross-functional team members to achieve business objectives and strategies.
• Support component with the preparation of procurement documentations and ensure all final related documentation are prepared in accordance with regulation.
• Support operation of the tender committee and ensure that its secretariat is provided with documents that comprise with the procurement regulation.
Administration (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Junior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Enabling team success (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Procurement and Supplies Professional – Procurement and Supplies professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB), Procurement Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
DEADLINE: 30th March 2022