The National Institute for Medical Research
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E. 2002) andbecame operational in 1980. The NIMR Muhimbili Medical Research Centre is looking for fulltime qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Clinicians, Sociologist, Statistician, and Community Health Worker.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the abovementioned posts which require highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on an annual contract basis with the possibility of renewal.
Statistician (1 POSITION)
REPORTING: Principal Investigators
LOCATION: Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work closely with the study coordinator, Data Manager, study team, and other stakeholders;
- To identifying data needed by the Institute;
- To collect data on a monthly basis as per the Institute’s needs;
- To prepare statistical bulletin;
- To participate in providing technical inputs on matters relating to statistics;
- To support investigators in the preparation of data management plans;
- To provide training and mentoring to research assistants; and
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Statistics, Mathematics, Biometry, Biostatistics or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.; and
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience relevant to research coordination, data management and analysis.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of data management terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner in English and Swahili languages;
- Flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities;
- Strong coordination planning and organizing skills;
- Proactive individual with readiness and ability to learn new skills as required by the position; and
- An individual with initiative and good judgement, capable of problem solving and working independently;
DURATION OF CONTRACT:
- One year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania Regulations.
Duty station will be based in Dar es Salaam.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Deadline for applications is 14thJuly 2022. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary for ease of communication. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit hardcopies of the application to the address below;
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research, Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
P O Box 3436,
MUHAS CHPE Building, 4th Floor,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.