Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE
Name of the Position: – Economic Recovery Assistant
Reports to: – Economic Recovery Officer Supervise: – Incentive staff and/or Village Agents. Duty Station: – Nduta, Nyarugusu Refugee Camps & Host Community.
Due Date: 22 May 2022
An Economic Recovery Assistant, under the management and supervision of the Economic Recovery Officer and in close collaboration with UNHCR and the camp-based government coordination bodies, will be responsible for supporting the implementation of livelihoods activities in the refugee camp and host community. The Economic Recovery Assistant is therefore expected to be flexible to work in different locations throughout the program.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Participate in ensuring targets are met under DRC’s agreement with donors, to be accountable to the stated goals of the program.
- Support in the provision of training and technical support to program participants with a specific focus on Vegetable production, Technical and Vocational skills development, Entrepreneurship, and Business development in the following areas.
- Support in ensuring comprehensive documentation and provide inputs for reporting on implementation progress.
- Provide inputs for program Development (Proposals writing and budgeting).
- Support in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Arrangements.
- Work with established community-based structures in the community and be solution- oriented in terms of challenges arising from individual activities and the program as a whole.
- Provide inputs for new sustainable livelihood initiatives/proposals and fundraising relating to emergency and longer-term responses.
- Contribute to documentation of lessons learned and ensure that is reflected in program planning and decision making.
- Ensure implementation of livelihoods activities are compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC’s Code of Conduct (CoC);
- Provide timely and quality inputs for project narrative reports following donors’ requirements.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state Actors, private sectors.
- Liaise closely with other DRC sectors such as; Community Based Protection, protection, and camp management to ensure productive coordination and smooth implementation of the program activities.
- University Degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, Agriculture general, Environment, Forestry, Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Project planning and management, Community development, and other related fields.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing programs in Vegetable production, Technical and Vocational skills Education, Entrepreneurship, and small business development among others.
- Previous experience working with refugees and host community members.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Ability to communicate in English and Swahili. The ability to communicate in Kiha and/or Kirundi is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well able to engage with community members openly, and maintain confidentiality and respect.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender, or age.