Reliance Insurance Company (T) Limited is one of the leading non-life insurers in Tanzania having pan regional presence in Dar es salaam, Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya, and Dodoma
The Company offers full array of non-life insurance products like Fire, Engineering, Motor, Work-men compensation, Liability, Marine Hull, and Aviation etc. Reliance had been making a steady progress and has establishes itself as reliable player with high reputation for prompt efficient and effective customer service backed by strong financial base in the Tanzania Insurance Industry.
POSITION: INVESTMENT OFFICER
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF FINANCE
This role is responsible for managing the company’s investment portfolio on a daily basis in line with the company’s strategic plan and in compliance with relevant policies and guidelines. The job holder will report to the Head of Finance, although it is envisaged that he/she will require minimal supervision.
a. Investment Activity
- Prepare an investment policy guide statement, outlining our investment objectives and relevant guidelines.
- Take the lead in the development of a high performing investment portfolio, informed by market conditions and economic trends.
- Coordinate the buying and selling of securities to maintain or achieve the Company’s investment objectives, guided by a board approved plan.
- Maintain acceptable risk levels guided by time frames for liquidity needs, return expectations, and market conditions.
- Identifying/evaluating profitable investment opportunities and supporting the acquisition process. This shall include:
- Conducting due diligence for new investments.
- Developing/evaluating the structure and terms of the potential investment; and
- Preparing investment proposals for consideration by Management and Board Investment Committees.
b. Portfolio Management
- Provide on-going portfolio management and reporting on portfolio investments, to include:
- Coordinate the preparation of an annual investment plan and budget for recommendation to management and Board Investment Committee
- Monitoring and evaluating the actual performance of investment against agreed benchmarks, including monthly/quarterly investment reports as stipulated in the investment policies.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports for management team and Board Investment Committee
- Monitor the Company’s liquidity to ensure that claims and spending commitments can be met.
- Provide advice to management on investment asset allocation to maximize returns at optimal risk.
- Prepare and monitor the investment risk register including mitigations.
- Make suggestions for changes to investment strategies based on observed market trends.
c. Internal Processes and Regulatory Compliance
- Review of long-term performance of investment portfolio against objectives, ensuring compliance with policy.
- Where appropriate, recommend to the Board the appointment of investment consultants and their terms of reference.
- Check legal and regulatory compliance including the insurance Act and regulations.
- Ensuring company compliance with all relevant investment and financial regulations
d. Other Activities
- Conduct regular research to stay apprised about the state of the Tanzania’s economy, global financial markets, and general current events and how they may affect company portfolio.
- Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned from investment operations and emerging best practices in areas of expertise.
- Participate in and contribute to information and experience sharing sessions with employees especially Finance department to create knowledge to the team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders to develop investment opportunities
- A degree in finance or a relevant field from an accredited institution.
Professional Qualification Preferred
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Certification.
- At least 3 years in an investment management environment in the financial industry, preferably insurance.
Skills and Attributes
- Working knowledge of the Insurance industry
- Proven exposure to Risk Management and good understanding of principles of risk management
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills
- IT proficiency i.e., experience in analysis using statistical packages, MS Excel, and other analytical tools
- Understanding of Continuous Process Improvement
- Analytical thinking and Problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Leadership and People management skills
Mode of Applications
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your cv and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or the addresses below:
Chief Executive Officer
Reliance Insurance Company (T) Ltd
P. o Box 9826
Dar es salaam
The deadline for this application will be on 06th May 2022