Dar es Salaam
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E. 2002) and became operational in 1980. The NIMR Muhimbili Medical Research Centre is looking for fulltime qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Clinicians, Sociologist, Statistician, and Community Health Worker.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the above mentioned posts which require highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on an annual contract basis with the possibility of renewal.
Study Clinicians (6 Positions)
Reports to the Principal Investigator
Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day running of clinical trial;
- Communication between Ward staff and study staff;
- Screening, enrolment and randomisation of study participants;
- Day-to-day clinical management of participants;
- Reporting any SAEs and SUSAR immediately to the local PI;
- Completing AE forms within 24 hours of their occurrence and communicating the AE/SAE/SUSAR to the local and international PI;
- Completing progress reports for the DSMB/TSC and ethics committees;
- Liaising with the study coordinator in ordering trial equipment;
- Ensuring case report forms (CRFs) are kept accurate and up to date;
- Ensuring CRFs and AE forms are faxed using the Redcap;
- Checking and recording all laboratory results for trial participants;
- Laboratory transport and storage of samples: serum, urine and plasma (in conjunction with laboratory technician);
- Follow-up of study participants for six months from date of recruitment;
- .Responsible for ensuring secure storage and sufficient supplies of IMP and consumables in conjunction with pharmacist;
- Ensure appropriate laboratory specimen collection, storage and sample shipping as required;
- Preparation for external monitoring visits;
- On-site monitoring of trial (laboratory, pharmacy, clinical areas, data entry) and
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Holder of a Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) who is registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika;
- Experience working with a research organization or institutions;
- Good analytical skills, ability to understand complex subjects, extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
- Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and reporting; using MS Office software, for internal and stakeholders’ communication;
- Expert project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to define scope, manage stakeholders, manage schedule/task activity, manage change and communicate risks;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Strong language skills, fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Previous experience in the field of clinical trials, and knowledge of good clinical practice would be highly desirable; and/or previous experience in Project Management will be an added advantage;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions;
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; and
- Ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
6 Study Clinicians Job Opportunities at NIMR (6 Posts)
DURATION OF CONTRACT:
One year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania Regulations.
Duty station will be Dar es Salaam.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Deadline for applications is 14th July 2022. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary for ease of communication. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit hardcopies of the application to the address below;
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research, Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
P O Box 3436,
MUHAS CHPE Building, 4th Floor,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.