Dar es Salaam,
The National Institute for Medical Research
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E. 2002) and became operational in 1980. The NIMR Muhimbili Medical Research Centre is looking for fulltime qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Clinicians, Sociologist, Statistician, and Community Health Worker.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the above mentioned posts which require highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on an annual contract basis with the possibility of renewal.
- Take part in formation and organisation of patient groups in collaboration with the facility clinicians, study nurses, and patients;
- Organising monthly patient meetings at community sites;
- Collecting drugs from the health facility and delivering to the community site;
- Properly dispensing drugs to patients at the community sites;
- Taking patients vitals and proper recording;
- Providing health education at the meetings;
- Providing counselling and treatment support for adherence;
- Identify clients who missed their community visit, follow up and make sure they get their drug supply;
- Being accountable for the proper use and safety of the equipment (BP machine, glucometer, weighing scale);
- Refer patients if any danger sign is identified during assessment; and
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A certificate /diploma on Community Health or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions;
- Have experience working in different health programs within a health facility or with NGOs at a community level;
- Have experience handling patient records, drugs and medical equipment;
- Have experience giving health education and adherence counselling;
- Can demonstrate experience in tracing and following up of patients at community settings;
- Ability to work well independently as well as in team environment;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and multi-tasking skills are critical.
- Must live in the study area (catchment area of Amana, Mwananyamala, Temeke, Mbagala; Hindu Mandal, Sinza, Mnazi mmoja, Cardinal Rugambwa, Bagamoyo and Kisarawe);
- Must submit an introduction letter from the ward executive officer within the area of the study.
10 Community Health Worker Job Opportunities at NIMR (10 Posts)
DURATION OF CONTRACT:
One-year contract which may be renewed based on performance and mutual agreement.
Based in Dar es Salaam and Pwani regions.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania Regulations
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Deadline for applications is 14thJuly 2022. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary for ease of communication. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit hardcopies of the application to the address below;
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research,
Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
P O Box 3436, MUHAS CHPE Building, 4th Floor,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.