Programme Managers – 2 Posts
Dar es Salaam
TSH 8,743,994 per month
Irish Embassy in Tanzania
Embassy of Ireland
Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam
Our mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well-being of Ireland and its people.
The goal of the Embassy of Ireland is to advance Ireland’s values and interests through support for peace, prosperity and equality, with a focus on women and girls in Tanzania. The Embassy has two strategic objectives for the period 2022-26:
- To deepen and strengthen Ireland’s political, economic and cultural relationships with Tanzania and countries of secondary accreditation and
- To support marginalised women and girls in Tanzania to realise their rights and fulfil their potential.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced manager with excellent knowledge of international development issues, substantive experience at a senior management level. The role will include strategy development.
Overview of Roles
1. Programme Manager – Resilience
Under the direction of the Deputy Head of Cooperation, contribute to delivering the Embassy’s Mission Strategy for Tanzania with a focus on outcome five on resilience (“Tanzanian institutions and vulnerable communities have increased capacity to analyse, anticipate and adapt to shocks, stresses and changing contexts”). Please refer to the annex setting out the six outcomes under the Embassy’s
The primary tasks of the role are:
- Management of the Embassy’s engagement with Tanzania’s national social protection system (PSSN II / TASAF);
- Management of the Embassy’s engagement with humanitarian protection of, and assistance
- to, refugees and host communities in Kigoma region;
- Management of the Embassy’s engagement with Tanzanian research institutions.
2. Programme Manager – Inclusive Economies
Under the direction of the Deputy Head of Cooperation, contribute to delivering the Embassy’s strategic objectives with a focus on the trade aspects of Outcome six (“promoting trade and people- to-people linkages between Ireland, Tanzania and secondary accreditations”) and undertaking analysis related to macroeconomics, development finance and public finance to support all strategic outcomes. Please refer to the annex setting out the six outcomes under the Embassy’s 2022-26 strategy.
The primary tasks of the role are:
- Promotion of regional trade in East Africa, through the Embassy’s support to Trade Mark East Africa;
- Promotion of bilateral trade between Ireland and Tanzania;
- Provision of macro-economic analysis to the Embassy.
Essential requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Candidates must have a post-graduate qualification in international development, international relations, finance, economics, social development and/or international development
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years relevant experience working in a senior management role (managing people and projects) within a development and/or humanitarian organisation in an international and/or regional setting.
- International management experience will be recognised as advantageous.
- Demonstrable knowledge of leading strategic planning and monitoring/evaluation/learning initiatives resulting in well-defined and achievable workplans, strategies and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience (through examples) of financial analysis and budget management at a management level.
- The candidate must demonstrate using work based examples of providing excellent interpersonal & communications skills, being persuasive, working in a team but also dealing effectively with people in external organisations;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint; additional IT applications would be beneficial (e.g. working with datasets);
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Tanzania prior to recruitment.
- Desirable competencies candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Experience working in or closely with European institutions in a process of mutual learning and exchange.
- Basic knowledge of climate change and climate action.
Terms and conditions of employment:
The successful candidates will be hired on a three-year renewable contract.
The salary for the positions is TSH 8,743,994 per month paid locally (TSH 113,671,924 annually, including a 13th month). Salary scales are fixed and non-negotiable.
How to apply
Applicants should visit https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/tanzania/about-us/job-opportunities/ to access the Job Description and Application Form for these positions.
Completed application forms should be sent via e-mail only to email@example.com with the subject line “Programme Manager – Resilience” or if you are applying for Inclusive economies then indicate “Programme Manager – Inclusive Economies”
Applications must be received before 17:00hrs. (Local time) on Sunday September 11, 2022.