Intern: Finance and Administration at UONGOZI Institute
Dar es Salaam
UONGOZI Institute exists to support African leaders to attain sustainable development for their nation and for Africa.
Internship Opportunity: Finance and Administration.
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Finance and Administration Department plays a vital role in ensuring that the Institute’s planned activities are run and implemented smoothly within the allocated budget. Therefore, the department ensures financial transactions and budget implementation reports are prepared on time, at the same time, continues to provide other necessary finance and administration support.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the Finance and Administration team with the day-to- day operations of the department, reporting directly to the accountant.
This role exposes fresh graduates to efficient and accurate accounting functions of the department. The Finance and Administration Intern will:
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques.
- Update the cashbook.
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliation.
- Documentation to ensure accurate record keeping. These include receipts, vouchers etc.
- Revise and verify staff imprest retirements.
- Assist to prepare financial reports.
- The selected Intern will be provided with a three- month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
Internship Opportunities at UONGOZI Institute.
Internship: Finance and Administration at UONGOZI Institute
How to Apply
Join our Finance and Administration Department by submitting an application via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Intern” by 10 November 2022, at 05:00
PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal-opportunity employer committed to strengthening the diversity of its workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.