Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Tanzania and within the East Africa market.
About the department
- Assist in planning client assignments and work programs;
- Execute detailed accounting procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports and procedures and conduct audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements;
- Assist in the preparation of payrolls for clients;
- Prepare work papers which record and summarise accounting procedures performed;
- Assist in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement;
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Assist with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files;
- Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- A’ Level – Division 1 or equivalent;
- O’ Level – Division 1 or equivalent with at least B in Mathematics and English;
- Qualified or pursuing qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Be a Tanzanian citizen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
- Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
- Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
- Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
Please note that candidates that do not attach their CV and Certificates will not be considered.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy