Simple way to submit A SRD Grant Appeal. In this Article you will know easy procedures on how to submit A SRD Grant Appeal.
It has been just few days since the new Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant appeal website launched. During its first week. the website has seen more than half-a-million appeals lodged.
The Department of Social Development (DSD) has announced that more than 500 000 SRD grant appeals were submitted this week. The total number of appeals received before midday on Wednesdays stood at a staggering 563 031 appeals.
Clients are reminded that they have a right to appeal a rejection determination by the agency. Unsuccessful clients must now submit SRD reconsideration requests to the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA).
These appeals must be done via the ITSAA’s SRD grant appeals website at https://srd.dsd.gov.za
How To Submit A SRD Grant Appeal.
- Step 1: Visit The New SRD Appeals Website By Clicking HERE
- Step 2: Enter Your Identification Number
- Step 3: Enter The Cell Phone Number You Used During The Application Process
- Step 4: Click Send “Pin”
- Step 5: Once you receive the pin, you will be required to insert it and click “Submit”
- Step 6: Select the month that you are appealing for
- Step 7: Secret the drop-down arrow to choose the reason for your appeal application from the options provided.
- Step 8: Click “Submit” to complete the appeal application process
Now your Appeal will be received. And wait for their feedback.
The decision of the Independent Tribunal is the final and no further internal recourse will be available. However, the applicant may approach the High Court for judicial review within 180 days should they be satisfied with the decision.
Note that: Appeals are there if your application was denied the first time around and you want to be considered again, basically a second chance.