How to calculate your GPA with 5.0 Scale. GPA means Grade Point Average which is a process of applying standardized measurements for varying levels of achievements in a course. Grades can be assigned as letters, as a range, as a percentage, or as a number out of a possible total.
How to calculate your GPA
To calculate your grade point average (GPA) is the sum of all your course grades throughout your high school career divided by the total number of credits.
- A – 5 points
- B+ – 4 Points
- B – 3 Points
- C – 2 Points
- D – 1 Point
- F – No point
Note: Every Institute/University have different subjects with different credits. To see Subjects credit read University Almanac.
Read Also: IFM EMS Login Portal
Steps to calculate your GPA
- Step One: Find summation of Credits
- Step Two: [Σ (Points × Credits of Subject)]. This means you take total of all subject times their credits.
- Step Three: Take Total of step two divide by Sum of credits.
Example: Your Scores are as follows, Math = A, Accounting = B, Business Law = C, Economics = B, Development studies = B+. Their Credits are as follows; Math = 10, Accounting = 8, Business Law = 8, Economics = 8, Development studies = 8.
Solution: By using above steps.
As you know, A = 5 points, B+ = 4 Points, B = 3 Points, C = 2 Points and D = 1 Point.
- Step One: (10+8+8+8+8) = 42
- Step Two: [(10×5)+(8×3)+(8×2)+(8×3)+(8×4)] = 146
- Step Three: (146/42) = 3.48 GPA
Answer: Your GPA is 3.48
NOTE: This is showed how to convert your letter grades to the 5.0 scale.