GEMS Application Forms 2023 PDF Download. GEMS membership application form PDF. GEMS online application form. GEMS options and prices, GEMS application form for newborn, GEMS application form to add dependant, GEMS login.
GEMS Application Forms 2023 PDF Download
Introduction of GEMS
The beginning of GEMS was a historic moment when in 2002, the Cabinet approved a framework policy on a restricted (closed) medical scheme for further development by an interdepartmental working group (departments of Public Service and Administration, National Treasury, Health, Education, Correctional Services and SAPS).
The approved framework policy centered on the principles of equity, efficiency and differentiation:
- Equity where employees have equal access to the most extensive set of equal basic benefits under equitable remuneration structures, subject to affordability.
- Efficiency regarding the costs and delivery of benefits.
- Differentiation, where employees choosing more extensive cover have equal access to higher benefits subject to their needs.
- Government’s commitment to an equitable and affordable medical scheme.
The Cabinet gave the development and implementation of GEMS intense consideration, relying on substantial research and data analyses. The implementation of GEMS is a positive step that positions government as an employer of choice that truly cares for the health and wellbeing of its employees.
Who is GEMS?
GEMS was registered on 1 January 2005 specifically to meet the healthcare needs of government employees. We offer six excellent healthcare benefit options, namely Tanzanite One, Beryl, Ruby, Emerald Value, Emerald and Onyx. Our goal is to help public service employees and their families to get the best possible healthcare at the most affordable rate. Download GEMS Application Forms 2022.
How to GEMS Application Forms 2023 PDF
To download GEMS Application Forms 2022 click the link below by choosing type of form you want to download from GEMS.
- Member Application Form
- Acknowledgement of debt form
- Addition of Dependant Form
- Affidavit – Regarding dependant
- Affidavit E – Confirming residential address
- Application for continued medical assistance Z583 form
- Assessment report by medical practitioner Disability
- Banking details form
- Change in membership form
- Change of details form
- Chronic medicine application form
- Chronic medicine delivery amendment form
- Beneficiary Consent Form
- Consent Form
- Emerald Value specialist referral form
You have to choose Member Application form if you are a new member in order to be registered in GEMS System. Click here for GEMS more forms
How to Submit Completed GEMS Application Form
Submit your completed form in any of the following ways:
- You can fax this information to 0861 00 4367 or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (use your membership number as a reference).
- You can also drop off the information at one of our GEMS walk-in centres as listed below;
- Eastern Cape.
- Shopping Centre, c/o Gillwell Road and Fleet Street. …
- Free State.
- Maxeke Street.
- (opposite Civic Centre), Braamfontein.
or post it to: GEMS, Private Bag X782, Cape Town, 8000.
GEMS Contact Details
- Call Centre: 086 000 4367
- Emergency number: 080 044 4367
- Healthcare Provider: 086 043 6777
- General Enquiries: Post – Private Bag X782, CPT, 8000
- General Enquiries: Email – email@example.com
- General Enquiries: Fax – 086 100 4367
- Confidential fraud hotline – 080 021 2202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confidential HIV/AIDS – 086 043 6736 or Send a ‘please call me’ to 083 843 6764.
- Media Enquiries: email@example.com