GDE Online Application for grade 8 2023/24 Gauteng. GDE Grade 8 Registration 2023/2024 Online. grade 8 registration 2023 gauteng online application forms. You will need to register yourself as the parent, and your child needing to enter Gr 8 in 2023. Your cellphone number is critical when applying as all further communication will come to you via sms.
Please have the following documents available as you will need to upload them on the system when applying.
GDE Online Application for grade 8 2022/23 Gauteng
The Gauteng Department of Education is mandated to provide compulsory basic education to all learners in the province progressively, including learners with special needs and early childhood education. The Department therefore; seeks to provide access to quality teaching, learning and assessment for all learners in the Gauteng Province.
Phase 1 of the 2023 Admissions Online Application for grade 8 2023
Phase 1 of the 2023 Admissions Online Application Period is open and will open on 22 July 2022 at 08:00 & close on 19 August 2022 at 00:00 for Grade 7 learners currently in the public schooling system in Gauteng to apply to Grade 8.
Only Parents with learners enrolled in grade 7 in a public ordinary school may verify and register an account to apply for the 2022 admission year.
GDE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION PROCESS
Learners who were applied for using the GDE Online Admissions system will receive placement as per the following admission regulations:
- Step 1: Register Parent Details
- Step 2: Register Address Details
- Step 3: Register Learner Details
- Step 4: Apply to a Maximum of 5 Schools
- Step 5: Upload OR Submit Documents
- Parents are encouraged to use the home address within school feeder zone application option to see schools with feeder zones that cover the
- parent’s home address
- To increase the chances of placement closer to the parent’s home address, parents should select schools with feeder zones that cover the parent’s home address
- Parents will be able to apply to a minimum of 3 schools and a maximum of 5 schools for each learner
- Parents cannot make more than one application for one learner to the same school
- Parents must remember to read and accept the Terms and Conditions
GRADE 1 & 8 ADMISSIONS
For admission of your child to Grade 1 or Grade 8 in a public school, apply online from 08:00 on 22 July 2022 to midnight on 19 August 2022.
Parents/guardians with children going to Grade 1 and/or Grade 8 in 2023 are reminded to log on to www.gdeadmissions.gov.za to apply to a school. Assistance regarding online applications is also available at any walk-in center or school in your area
Parents/guardians are required to provide one reliable cellphone number to receive a username and password, and other important information about the child’s application
All applicants need to remember to upload certified copies of required documents on the system or submit documents to the schools they applied to within 7 days of making the application
Parents/guardians are urged to log on to the system and accept offers of placement that will be sent via SMS from 3 October 2022 to 30 November 2022.
APPLICATIONS TO GRADE R, GRADE 2 – 7, AND GRADE 9 – 12
Parents who wish to apply for Grade R, Grade 2-7, and Grade 9-12 at a public school in Gauteng for the 2023 academic year must apply directly at their identified school(s) and not on the GDE Online Admissions System.
Parents and guardians are urged to interact directly with their identified schools to receive guidance on how and when to apply for these grades.
2023 ONLINE ADMISSIONS; DOCUMENTS
Before making an application for Grade 1 and Grade 8 during the 2023 Online Admissions application period, parents must have certified copies of the following documents:
- Parent/Guardian ID OR Passport
- Child ID OR South African Birth Certificate OR Passport
- Refugee Permit OR Asylum Seeker Permit OR Permanent Residence Permit OR ‘Study Permit
- Proof of Residential/Home Address Acceptable proof of residential/home address is a certified copy of a valid municipal account in the name of the applicant parent OR a lease agreement signed by both the applicant and the landlord as well as the ID document of the landlord specifying the names of the tenants.
- Please note: an application cannot be processed without the proof of residential home address of the applicant’s parent Proof of Work Address (Optional, for those applying at a school closer to work)
- Parents must upload certified copies of required documents on the GDE Online Admissions System (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) OR submit certified copies of required documents to all the schools applied to within 7 days.
- Parents cannot both upload and submit documents/
- Parents must ensure that the details they enter into the System when applying match the information of the documents they upload or submit.
Make sure that you bring all these documents within the period of seven days of the online application for school admission.
Please note that these are the details of the application process for 2022. The Online Admissions Applications for 2020 were closed in July 2019. There will be new updates for the GDE application 2022 on the official website of GDE soon. The next application period should be commenced approximately in April or May.
Some applicants may believe that the process of GDE admissions is difficult. However, the truth is that it is easy when you know all of the information about it. Whether you are a South African or not, do not forget that apart from submitting an online application, all of the required documents necessary to be sent to the school are pivotal. The reason is that it determines whether the admission of the child/ward would be processed or not. We hope that this guide will help you to submit the application successfully. And we wish you to accept the placement of your dreams offered by the department where you child could get the quality education.
For more information Visit official webpage: GDE Grade 8 Registration 2022 Online