GDE Online Admission 2023, GDE online application 2023 Grade 8, GDE Online Application 2023 Login, GDE parent registration 2023, www.gdeadmissions.gov.za registration online 2023, Online registration for Grade R 2023 Gauteng, Online registration for Grade 1 2023 Gauteng school.
The GDE is an abbreviation of the Gauteng Department of Education that seeks to ensure that learners perpetually have a compulsory basic education in the Gauteng province in South Africa.
GDE Online Admission 2023 – Apply Now
Get all information about GDE Online Admission For 2023 Step By Step guide to apply online, GDE’s Online Registration System. GDE admissions 2022 register | GDE Online admission 2023. This guide provides relevant information about GDE Admissions 2023 to let you find the information you need. Save time and get GDE Admissions 2023 details.
With a mandate to ensure that learners continuously have a compulsory basic education in the province, the Gauteng Department of Education sees to it that there is access to quality teaching. And to benefit from this, understanding the GDE online registration 2023 process is paramount. Apart from that, as a parent or guardian, you also need to know the required documents that must be submitted, how to choose a school for your child/ward, and also, what to do in case your child/ward is denied admission in a school. This is why reading this article will benefit you so much.
GDE ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION PROCESS
Learners who will apply for using the GDE Online Admissions system will receive placement as per the following admission regulations:
- Step 1: Register Parent Details
- Step 2: Register Address Details
- Step 3: Register Learner Details
- Step 4: Apply to a Maximum of 5 Schools
- Step 5: Upload OR Submit Documents.
GDE Online Admission 2023 – How to Apply
When you are embarking on the Gauteng Department of Education online registration for your child, three stages or steps must be followed in the application process. These stages include:
- As a parent, if you are a first time user, you would be required to click the “Apply for 2023” button once you are on the official website of the GDE. The page that opens next after clicking is where you would need to enter your information before you can make any application.
- After the “Enter Parent Information” form pops up, you have to complete every required field that is indicated with an asterisk. Specifically, the information that you would be required to provide include municipality, street name and number, your phone number and so on.
- Then, you will have to enter a valid South African ID number. Once you do so, the system has been automatically configured to supply the names that are associated with every identification number. By implication, when you are applying, ensure that you have your ID as the parent and the learner’s ID already available.
- In the application process, you will have to create a username as well as a password which you will use to get access to the main application. Make sure that the password is unique and not easy to forget.
- Once your account is created, you will receive an SMS providing you with the username and password. So, anytime you have queries or any other challenges, you can always use that to access the portal.
Bear in mind that the moment you finish the first stage in the application process and everything is alright, you would be directed to proceed to the next step. At this stage, the colour indicated on the first step would change to green.
Step 2: Enter learner details
Once you land on the learner’s page, the following are what you would do:
- Enter the information of the learner. This is very important because no application can be made except for the details of the learner that have been entered. Some of the information that you would be required to fill in include choosing whether the learner is South African or not, the identification number, province, and the current grade.
- Once you have filled all the required spaces, the next thing to do is to click the “Submit Learner Details” button.
If you do everything well, once you click that button, the colour indicated on the second stage will change to green, and from there, you will be directed to the third stage automatically.
2023 GDE ONLINE ADMISSION; DOCUMENTS
Before making an application for Grade 1 and Grade 8 during the 2023 Online Admissions application period, parents must have certified copies of the following documents:
- Parent/Guardian ID OR Passport
- Child ID OR South African Birth Certificate OR Passport
- Refugee Permit OR Asylum Seeker Permit OR Permanent Residence Permit OR ‘Study Permit
- Proof of Residential/Home Address
- Acceptable proof of residential/home address is a certified copy of a valid municipal account in the name of the applicant parent OR a lease agreement signed by both the applicant and the landlord as well as the ID document of the landlord specifying the names of the tenants
- Please note: an application cannot be processed without the proof of residential home address of the applicant’s parent
- Proof of Work Address (Optional, for those applying at a school closer to work)
- Latest Schoo! Report and Clini Cardmmunisation Report (ForGrade 1 application only)
Step 3: Applying to a school
While the learner’s name would have been displayed automatically on the page, the only things that you would be required to do are:
1. Select an application option. You will have to choose from these options: home, work, sibling and previous school (but note that the last option which is the school is only meant for those who are applying for Grade 8). Note these as you apply:
- If you choose the “home/work address” option, this means that the system will automatically filter the schools and ask you to select one from the options that are either close to your home or work address.
- Also, if you choose the “sibling” option, you will be allowed to apply to a school where your child has a sibling that is either in Grade 1-6 and/or Grade 8-11. To get this option chosen, that means that you will need to provide information about that sibling.
- Then, if you select the “previous school” option, this means that the name of the school where the child that you are registering for is presently in Grade 7 has to be provided.
Other options which are available to you after you have made the first application are:
- Apply to a school of choice. The only challenge that is with this option is that if the application does not meet the admissions criteria, it would be allocated a reference number on a Waiting List B.
- You can also apply to a particular school that has a specialised focus (SOS).
- Lastly, you can apply to any school that has a boarding facility.
2. Once you have completed the application page, the next thing that you would do is to click the “Apply” button to submit your application.
3. After that, you would be given a Waiting List reference number which will appear on the screen. The number is to confirm that your application was actually submitted. So, if you do not receive it, then, you may have to review all that you have done so far.
Note that after you have received the Waiting List reference number, as a parent, you still have the privilege of applying again. By implication, once the page containing the Waiting List reference number pops up, you will see two options there which are “Apply again” and “Apply for another learner”. If you choose the “Apply again” option, you will be able to make another application to a different school for the same learner that you applied on behalf of in the first place.
However, if you choose the “Apply for another learner” option, it means that you will have to start the process all over, but now, for another learner. In this case, all the procedures that have been discussed above can be followed over.
At this point, it is worth noting that there are basically three types of Waiting List reference numbers that you may be given. They are:
- WA which means that the applicant is qualified for placement based on the admissions criteria in the school that was applied to.
- WB. This means that, based on the admissions criteria of the school that the learner applied to, he or she does not qualify for placement. In this situation, the best thing to do is for the learner to apply to another school where there would be a “WA” code waiting list.
- WAB. If you receive this, what that means is that the system finds it difficult to identify the provided address. In a situation like this, what the school would do is that they will calculate the distance between their location and the address that has been provided to see if the learner would be favoured by it or not.
Documents to provide for gde online admission
Once you are done with your online registration for 2021, you would be required to submit the following documents in the school that you chose while applying. Therefore, whether the child is entering into Grade 1 or going to Grade 8, the following are the documents that you will need to submit:
- Your identification document as the parent or legal guardian
- The birth certificate of the learner
- Proof of your home or work address
- Immunisation/clinic document which should prove that the child does not have tuberculosis, tetanus, hepatitis B, polio, measles and diphtheria (if the child is applying as Grade 1 learner)
- If the child is in another school, you will need to supply the most recent report of the child.
However, if the learner is non-South African, the following are the documents that must be submitted:
- The Asylum Seeker or Refugee Permit of the child
- The passport of the parent or legal guardian
- Proof of your home or work address
- The most current academic report card of the school where the child is presently (if the child is applying for Grade 8)
Please note that all these documents are expected to be submitted within seven days of the online application for school admission.
From all that has been discussed so far, the processes involved in the GDE admissions are not complicated at all, even though anyone who does not understand the process may be tempted to think like that. Whether as a South African or non-South African, remember that apart from applying online, the documents which are required to be submitted to the school applied to is essential. The reason is that it determines whether the admission of the child/ward would be processed or not.
GDE ADMISSIONS CONTACT DETAILS
- or call: 0800 000 789
- WHATSAPP LINE: 060 891 0361