CHEVENING SCHOLASHIPS TENABLE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2023/2024
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology wishes to inform the general public that, the Chevening Scholarships for the Academic Year 2023/2024 are now open for eligible Tanzanians. The awards are tenable at any United Kingdom University for one year on a fully–funded Master’s degree. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Full information of the scholarship is available at www.chevening.org
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with at least an upper second-class with honours.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Have not previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK government-funded scholarship.
- Must have ambition and leadership potential, a strong academic background and possess strong interpersonal skills.Scholarship coverage
- Apply to three different UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of them.
Scholarship includes the following:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Airfare to and from the United Kingdom
- Visa costs and additional grants for essential expenditure
List of Documents Required
- A certified copy of passport bio-data page.
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Academic IELTS/TOEFL iBT/ Advance English language exam results.
- Two (2) letters of reference written in the English language.
- An unconditional offer letter from a UK university.
- A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
The application deadline is on November 1st, 2022.
Date of Interview.
Interviews will take place starting February to April, 2023 and results will be issued in June, 2023.
- Applicants will receive email updates about their application status at each step of the selection process.Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted and invited for interviews at the British High Commission.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania will not provide a loan or grant for candidates who will be offered this scholarship.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,