RECOMMENDED: Six (6) Mistakes to avoid when writing your CV
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development organisation, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We work in more than 20 countries around the world, supporting the independent media essential to democracy and development. Last year, our projects and programmes reach 130 million people facing poverty, inequality, and insecurity with information they can trust, helping to improve health, bridge divides, challenge prejudice, and save and change lives. We follow the editorial standards and values of the BBC, but we rely on funding from donors and partners to carry out our work.
Job title: IT officer
Reports to: Operations Manager, Tanzania
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Special requirements: The right to live and work in Tanzania.
Closing date: 30 April 2022
To provide overall IT support to BBC Media Action in the Tanzania office.
The IT Officer is expected to:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all current IT systems, including: LAN and wi-fi connectivity, PCs, operating systems, software applications and peripherals.
- Administer/manage total network, core and distribution switch, routing and firewall.
- Manage storage system (SAN or NAS Drives).
- Management of IP PBX (telephony exchange).
- Manage local conferencing systems (video/audio).
- Ensure server management (including backup, security etc.) is done effectively.
- Administer antivirus alerts and take necessary action when required.
- Inventory and asset management for all IT equipment including licenses.
- User related administration and configurations as required, e.g., AD account, email, O365, printing, devices, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Liaise with GITOs, UK IT and local IT officers as required for IT support, collaborations, training etc.
- Data centre power management.
- Local technology projects (online projects, upgrades etc).
- Purchase and vendor management.
- Manage access control system.
- Smart phone configuration.
- User support and training on different Media Action systems like Office 365, SharePoint, MS Teams, Outlook etc.
- Configuring and supporting any bespoke organisational systems, (finance system – Access Dimensions, etc).
- Service desk management for the office: manage BBC Media Action ticketing system for the country office: Create ticket(s); respond to ticket(s); act on the issues and provide solutions; or escalate as required; resolve the call when solution is achieved.
- Maintenance of broadcast technology systems (studio, edit facilities).
- Asset management e.g. recording, auditing, reporting etc.
- Participation in weekly global IT meetings, monthly training etc.
- Providing ICT training to local staff.
- Actively involved in local and global ICT related projects.
- Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding Policy and the staff Code of Conduct.
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on safeguarding and respect at work.
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- Recent IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment. Experience in working with non-profits and/or membership organisations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the senior management team of an organisation, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Proactiveness and research oriented.
- Attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates should submit their CV with cover letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role by email to: email@example.com
Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send by 5pm on 30 April 2022.
Only applicants with separate cover letter will be considered. Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.