Basic Handyman Training Programme Application 2023 – Apply Online. Requirements and How to apply for Handyman Training Programme are shown below.
Basic Handyman Training Programme Application 2023 – Apply Online
Basic Handyman Training Programme Application 2023- Course Overview.
- NQF 1 Numeracy and Literacy
This five-day practical skills training consisting of three-day and two-day practical skills enables handymen and maintenance technicians to gain theoretical and practical knowledge and deliver first-line customer-centric technical services.
The skills programme aligns to six-unit standards.
- Handyman assistant
- Maintenance technician
- Junior technical maintenance staff
The delegate will be able to:
- Provide customer services
- Apply health and safety to a work area
- Manage expenditure against a budget
- Apply tiles to plastered surfaces
- Install glazing
- Identify the various types of paints, primers, material and their uses
- Introduction to handyman services in an FM environment
- Business acumen essentials
- Occupational health and safety management
- Inspection and use hand tools
- Materials management
- General maintenance
- Civil and construction maintenance
- Practical training days
All our training programmes are available both in-person or in blended online training led format.
In-person Facilitator Led Training
We offer in-person facilitator-led training in Cape Town and Johannesburg in pre-approved COVID compliant venues.
Delegates have one month of access to the Afroteq Academy Online training portal for two months after completing their short course training to access videos, presentations and upload their portfolio of evidence for assessment and moderation.
Online Blended Training
We present our online, blended training using a secure online platform. Delegates attend scheduled facilitator-led sessions and group break-away sessions to complete class activities for the duration of the training programme.
Delegates will require a secure, reliable internet connection in a quiet environment and a laptop or desktop with a built-in webcam and audio capacity. Learners have two-month access after completing their online training to the Afroteq Academy Online training portal to access videos, presentations and upload their portfolio of evidence for assessment and moderation.
After completing the three-day theoretical and two-day practical training, the delegate completes an observed practical workplace summative assessment. A ‘mentor’ records the results in their workplace which is submitted for assessment and moderation.
- SAFMA awards CPD points to registered
- SAFMA members on the presentation of their Certificate of Attendance.
How to Apply Basic Handyman Training Programme 2023
COVID-19 OHS COMPLIANCE
All venues used for the facilitated training format have been inspected and are compliance with COVID-19 Government and Hospitality Industry Standards.
Delegates are responsible to provide their own cloth face mask and wear it for the duration of the training programme.
- A Health and Safety Induction will be done at the beginning of the training and enforced throughout the contact days.
I’m Nokulunga I’m so interested
Happy to be a South African Citizenship looking for a job
I’m. Zanele I’m so interested
I’m so interested
I am interested on welding
I am intrested
I am interested
I will appreciate to be one of your assistance
I’m very interested
I’m interested in woodworking/carpenter