Assistant Teacher Application 2023 link – Apply here. Teachers Assistant Online Application 2023, SA Youth Teacher Assistant Application form 2023. Department of Education invites applicants to apply for.
Assistant Teacher Application 2023 link – Apply here
Applications for the 2023-2024 Teaching Assistant Program are Now Open.
To apply for the teacher assistant jobs, kindly register on SAYouth and choose the school nearest to you.
What does a teacher’s assistant do?
- As a teacher’s assistant, or TA, you’ll perform a range of functions and responsibilities depending on your level of experience, your TA status, and the school where you’re employed. In essence, your job boils down to giving essential support to the teachers in a school you’re assigned to.
- Assistants are assigned a teaching schedule of 12 classroom hours per week that may be divided among up to three schools, although most assistants are assigned to only two. Classes are conducted in English.
- The teaching assistant may conduct all or part of a class, typically leading conversations in English. Duties may include serving as a resource person in conversation groups, providing small group tutorials, and giving talks related to American studies in English classes. Assignments vary depending on the school’s needs, the assistant’s abilities, and the educational level to which he or she is assigned (elementary or secondary).
You’ll also work with and give support to individual pupils, groups of learners, or the entire class, as and when they need your help and support. The teacher you work with will direct you in this, as will the Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator, or SENDCO, at the school.
Teacher’s assistant jobs come in four levels – Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Higher Level – and depending on which one you’re employed in, you’ll have different responsibilities, training and specialisms.
You can find out more about the available positions here.
How do I become a teacher’s assistant 2023?
- Must have Grade 12 / Matric.
- 18 – 35 years of age (must not turn 36 before 31 March 2023)
- Live within walking distance from the school.
- Must not be working, studying or training (even part-time)
- Must not be receiving a government grant (NSFAS, Funza Lushaka,)
- No criminal record.
Salary of Assistant Teacher
- Starting salaries for full-time, permanent TAs (level 1) are typically around £18,300.
- With increased responsibility (level 2), you can expect to earn £18,880 to £19,000.
- Experienced TAs (level 3) and those with additional specialisms or SEN responsibilities can earn £19,260 to £25,000.
Teaching assistant jobs are found in:
- colleges and sixth forms
- independent schools
- primary schools
- secondary schools
- special schools.
Can you be an assistant teacher without matric?
You can study teaching without Matric but it would be a different qualification. All Universities in South Africa that offer teaching require matric or at least a NQF level 4 certificate. You can however do an Education course at a TVET College which requires you to have Grade 9.