Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non- Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH through Afya Kwanza and Afya Jumuishi Projects seeks to recruit qualified candidates to fill the below vacancies:
JOB TITLE: GENERAL SERVICES DRIVER (4 POSTS)
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTATION OFFICER
As MDH driver he/she will perform duties of driving a vehicle to ensure safe transportation of authorised personnel from various destinations. He/she will make sure all passengers are assisted on entry and exit if need be. The driver is required to drive all types of vehicles of the organisation. He/she will be responsible to transport individuals to and from various places like senior services offices, human services organisations, work sites, health educational institutions, medical facilities, drug stores and other desired locations. He/she will be required to keep travel records of the vehicle, will request passenger to fasten seat belt before start of any journey for their safety purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the project vehicle safely; transporting authorized personnel/passengers.
• Maintain a clean record of all journeys, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes and greasing.
• Ensure day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, perform minor
• Comply with laws and regulations for safe
• Observe all the safety and security
• Ensure that all accessories of the vehicles are maintained and checked at all
• Keep a valid driving License and the vehicle’s insurance up to date all the
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
• An advanced or Ordinary Secondary School education is
• Holder of Driving Certificate from a credible
• At least 3 years of work experience in similar position. Experience of driving in rural settings will be an added
• Keen on the well-being of the given
• Highest level of integrity.
• Ability to record trips in a log book as trained/
• Ability to work long hours even after office
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to abrupt changes in project/transport needs at short notices.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 13th May 2022, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates